I. Contact details of the Data Controller
Data Controller according to Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is:
Ismaringer Str. 21
81675 – Munich (Germany)
II. Processing of personal data in the context of the use of the app
In the course of using the App, we process personal data that you or other users provide to us. This includes the following data:
With registration (“Registration Details”):
• Required information is: e-mail address, country, year of birth, username
• Optional information is: Profile picture, selection of a user role (e.g. basketball player, fan, coach)
With the use of the App:
• Device information: Information about the device or software used and other device properties.
• Information shared with us through the device settings (esp. GPS location, camera access, photos, information about the network to which the device is connected and the IP address)
• User Content that you upload (“User Content”): Videos you record using the app’s video camera feature and/or from your phone’s video library to participate in a Challenge.
• Username of social media accounts that the User links to its profile in the App.
II. Processing Purposes
We process the following personal data from Users for the purpose listed in each case:
Processing of Registration Details:
The registration information will be processed for the App usage, esp. the creation of an account and the participation in Challenges as well as for the verification of your identity and for support purposes (e.g. welcome email with explanation of the main features of the App as well as support in case of usage or registration problems).
We use the Profile Information to suggest appropriate Challenges for you.
We use the email address to create your account and to inform the User about new Challenges and similar information available in the App.
The User may at any time object to the use of his email address for news.
By agreeing to that in the App settings, you will receive push messages to your smartphone as part of your App usage. Contact will only be made for motivational purposes or news about Challenges you are signed up for. You can activate or deactivate the functionality of push messages at any time via the settings of your smartphone.
If FIBA selects a User to win a challenge for regular or particularly good participation or for other reasons, FIBA will use the User’s e-mail address or telephone number to contact the User solely for the purpose of notifying the User of the prize.
Processing in the context of the use of the app:
The User Content uploaded by the User for participation in Challenges will only be used for the realization of the Challenges (and the associated awarding of badges).
Any reposts and any sharing of User Content that a User has shared himself/herself on a social media channel selected by him/her are not subject to these data protection provisions, but to those of the respective social media ne
Data processing for other purposes can only be considered if the necessary legal requirements pursuant to Art. 6 (4) GDPR exist.
Any obligations to provide information pursuant to Art. 13 (3) GDPR and Art. 14 (4) GDPR will of course be observed in this case.
III. Storage Period
We delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer required for the purposes for which we collected or used it. As a rule, we store your personal data for the duration of the usage or contractual relationship via the App. However, in the event of a (threatened) legal dispute with you or other legal proceedings, the storage may extend beyond the specified time.
Legal requirements for the storage and deletion of personal data remain unaffected by the above (e.g. § 257 HGB or § 147 AO). If the storage period prescribed by the statutory provisions expires, the personal data will be blocked or deleted unless further storage by us is necessary and there is a legal basis for this.
Personal data is only passed on to third parties to service partners who act on our behalf and according to our instructions (order processors within the meaning of Art. 28 GDPR). An order processor here is:
Carrer de Juan de la Cierva y Codorniu, 27
46980 – Paternia, Valencia (Spain)
V. Legal basis for data processing
The processing of your personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract concluded between you and us regarding the use of the app pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. Furthermore, we collect this data if this is necessary for the functionality of the app and your interest in the protection of your personal data does not outweigh (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DS-GVO) as well as based on your consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
Furthermore, your personal data will only be processed for other purposes if there is a legal basis for this or you have consented to another use.
VII. Contact details of the data protection officers
[***@ FIBA: Please add contact details (e-mail and postal address) of the data protection officer of FIBA Europe e.V. here***]
VIII. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to personal data relating to you:
• Right to information: According to Art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from me, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details.
• Right to rectification or erasure: Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us without undue delay. According to Art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• Right to restriction of processing: According to Art. 18 GDPR, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
• Right to data portability: According to Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller.
• Right to object to processing: If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
In accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, you also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data in our company.
If you have given your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
You can exercise your rights at any time and for free in the following ways:
1. By sending an e-mail to [DPO email address] indicating the right you wish to exercise and your identification data.
2. In addition, when you receive any communication from us, by clicking on the unsubscribe section that will contain that communication, you can unsubscribe from all previously accepted commercial communications.
VI. Your contact with us, data processing when contacting us
If you have any questions regarding the handling of your personal data in connection with the App, please contact [@ FIBA***E-mail address Data Protection Officer FIBA***] in the first instance.
In the event of contact being made by e-mail (e.g. to the address given above), the personal data transmitted with your e-mail will be stored. The data will not be passed on to third parties. The data will be used exclusively for processing the conversation.
The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. This data is used solely to process the contact; this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in processing the data within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, which is the case when the respective conversation with you has ended. The conversation is ended when the circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified.